I formulated this Immune tea blend for my family a some years back. We enjoy this on a regular basis because it’s so healthy for the immune system.
Steep 1 1/2 tsp in 1 qt of hot water for 1 hr. I like to leave mine closer to 2hrs to get that beautiful red hue when I’m done steeping it. Make sure you do not let it come to a boil. Cover the pot and let sit on low for the steeping process. As an adult, when I’m not feeling well, I can easily consume 1 qt a day, my children can consume 1/2 a qt a day if not feeling well. Try your best to get your hands-on good quality honey, preferably raw if possible, Manuka honey is an amazing option! A very brief list of some major benefits listed below. All ingredients are Organic, no added: sugar, artificial flavors or preservatives.
· Elder flower: Rich in Vit C, high antioxidant makes it beneficial in protecting the body against oxidative stress, contains a flavonoid called quercetin- a powerful antioxidant.
· Alfalfa: Rich in vitamins and minerals including iron, calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, sulfur, chlorine, sodium, potassium, silicon + trace elements. Very good source of Vit A and K, contains 8 of the essential amino acids (not made in the body) and the highest chlorophyll content of any plant.
· Rose hips: Infection fighter, rich in Vit C (the red hue comes from these precious Rose-hips)
· Horsetail: Herb that is good for entire body, heavy in silica, assists body in utilizing calcium, supports kidneys, great for glandular disorders.
· Marshmallow: Supports kidneys & bladder, its mucilaginous so it coats, soothes/ positively affects inflamed areas in the body i.e. genital, urinary, alimentary, respiratory and intestinal. Heals mucus membranes. Prized for remedies.
· Nettle: Relieves pain, infection fighter, high mineral content – loaded with iron, phosphorus, potassium, calcium, magnesium, manganese, copper, boron, strontium, Vitamins – A, C, K, and B vitamins, reduces inflammation, heals mucosal lining of the stomach, Phytonutrients – chlorophyll, beta-carotene, lutein, zeaxanthin
· Yerba Mate: Rich source of polyphenols with antioxidant properties, contains methylxanthines which nourish the nervous system, anti-inflammatory.
· Green / Black Tea : Provides stable energy, contains amino acid L-theanine, which is able to cross the blood-brain barrier, improves brain function, contains EGCG (Epigallocatechin Gallate) is one of the most powerful compounds in green tea – the reason why it has such powerful medicinal properties.
***All orders of Immune Tea will receive a sample of Manuka honey and a loose tea infuser!